About The Artist
Artist and Founder
Meet Chad Langhoff, the man behind the mission and art of Hope Delivered. He's a devout follower of Jesus Christ and passionate about sharing his faith with others. For his day job, Chad has spent the last 11 years as a Graphic Designer for a range of small businesses and corporate clients. For his personal work, he finds his inspiration from comic book art and minimalist poster design. Recently, he's been most excited about getting back into acrylic painting—a craft he learned years ago from watching his mom paint. All of these skills and inspirations combine to create the modern, minimal feel you'll see in his faith-based pieces for the Hope Delivered® store.
More about Chad
- I'm an introvert with three tattoos.
- I grew up in a small farm town in central Illinois. If I still lived there, I'd be the 4th generation crop farmer in my family.
- I'm a huge St. Louis Cardinals fan! I've always been around baseball and the Cardinals have fueled my fascination with the sport.
- I learned how to paint from watching my mom (who was also self-taught) paint handsaws, antiques and other farm equipment.
- I have a Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design.
- My favorite thing to design besides Art Prints are multi-page documents like Annual Reports, Magazines, Booklets, etc.
- My favorite Art Print, and story in the Bible, is Jesus Appears for Breakfast from the Resurrection of Jesus Series.
- The first Art Print I designed was Man & Woman from the Creation Series.
- Prayer is a vital part of my daily life, period.
- My life verse is Acts 4:13.
- After spending a week in Haiti during the summer of 2011, I dream of going back someday. The adults and children there stole my heart.
- I love being outdoors. Hiking, camping and getting lost in the woods helps me reconnect with God and unplug from the world.
- Some of my current favorite TV shows are Daredevil, The Black List, Psych, Longmire and NCIS.
In January of 2012 I asked God, "What story should I tell with my art?" With the simple answer, "Mine," God reminded me that the Bible contains the most powerful and spectacular stories ever written and that those were the ones I should tell with my art. After spending about a year illustrating Bible stories as personal work, I had received lots of positive feedback and even had a few requests for specific stories. Together with my wife Amber and a few of our friends, we dreamed up a larger concept that would make a global impact, and soon, "Hope Delivered" took shape.